Category Archives: Beauty
Don’t have tons of time to spend on your makeup, but want to look like you did? A mini makeover is the answer! In just one minute, you can turn your eyes, cheeks, lips and skin from pretty to perfection!
Get More Youthful Eyebrows
The Trick: A Straighter Brow Line
Severely arched brows add years to your face, while brows with a straighter “tail” make your eyes look youthful. Just brush brows down, then across to find sparse spots. Fill in with brow pencil before blending with a brow brush.
Skip thick eyeliner, which just makes eyes look small. Instead, dip an eye-lining brush into dampened shadow or pot liner and trace a thin line along roots of upper lashes. It will enhance the whites of the eyes, making them look bigger.
Get Model High Cheekbones
The Trick: Apply brush in an arc
Not only will your cheekbones look gorgeous, but your whole face will look slimmer! Instead of applying blush to apples of cheeks – which accentuates roundness – apply in an arc shape from slightly under cheekbones out and up toward temples while keeping lips puckered – blend well.
Get Mile Long Lashes
The Trick: Apply mascara vertically
Want long, lush lashes? Stop wiggling the wand back and forth while applying mascara. Many of us make this mistake, which leaves lashes short and clumpy. The quick fix? Run wand through lashes from roots to tips and separate between coats with a lash comb or brush.
The Trick: Use a foundation brush
Applying foundation with a specially designed brush – instead of a sponge or your fingers – helps it go on thinner so the natural beauty of your skin shines through. Coat the brush with foundation and apply in inner corners of eyes, under eyes, around nostrils and over chin – blend well.
Get Perfectly Pretty Lips
The Trick: Divide by 4
Instead of outlining lips in one or two quick motions – which can create an asymmetrical shape – get a perfect line every time by lining lips in four sections, starting at the outer corner of each lip and working your way toward the center, steadying your hand if necessary.
Using one or two of these simple tips can help you recreate your look without spending money on new makeup. Just applying what you already have in a different manner – no matter how subtle the change – can make a huge difference.
An acne problem is not a problem, so long as you know wise acne skin care tips. One does need much money to get that healthy glowing skin, with the natural acne skin care methods, acne shouldn’t be treated like monsters under your bed. Here are some acne skin care methods we can practice.
The power of water. Oil, they say is thicker than water. But water is the plainest, most natural substance we can use for acne skin care. In washing your face, do it gently. Rubbing and scrubbing your face does not clean the skin gently. For best acne skin care effects, using a mild cleanser or toner once in the morning, noon and evening, and after doing a heavy work out, will help you achieve a clear skin.
Pick that zit. People who prick pimples and blemishes as if pricking a bubble only aggravates the risk of skin inflammation and acne scars. Avoid hand contact with your face for better acne skin care results.
Shop Max & Chloe for the Best Selection of Designer Accessories
Shave with care. Choose the best electric shavers and safety razors you can trust for years. They’ll be more comfortable to use. Men need not use a super sharp blade to get rid of that beard. A regular shaver used with soap and water, or shaving cream will help you get that smooth finish. Doctors advised men to shave lightly, and shave only when necessary for acne skin care maintenance .
Sun of the beach! If you love sun tanning or just want the sight of that sophisticated sunburnt look – forget it. This is an acne skin care no-no. The sun’s harmful ultra violet rays redden the skin, making the skin drier. It can make one’s blemishes visible, speed up aging and bring serious damage to the human skin. Also, excessive exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer. You don’t want to ruin that great acne skin care you’ve been starting on with.
Cosmic Cosmetics. Eye shadows, blush on, moisturizer, and other cosmetics we use should be free from oily substances to permit healthy acne skin care maintenance. Even hairstyling products in forms of gels or aerosols that come in close contact with the skin may destroy a healthy acne skin care practice. Choose hairstyling products, which are commercially labeled as non-comedogenic are products which do not provoke the formation and growth of blemishes and other related skin disorders.
Buttered Face. An African beauty secret reveals the power of shea butter which originated from the Karite Nut Tree (or Mangifolia tree). Hmmm… juicy acne skin care tip! Karite Nut Tree was discovered in the semi-arid savannahs of West Africa and Central Africa. People in Africa, women in particular – rely in shea butter as a vital tool for acne skin care treatment for over centuries now.
Free Shipping on $75 or more
Spare me that SPA! You need not visit the most expensive spa parlors to get that destressing facial treatment to aid you in your acne skin care endeavor. Create a home made magical elixir right at the comforts of your own home by purchasing simple spa tools found in beauty stores.
Get only the best and the FRESH. Increase intake of fresh fruit and vegetables. These acne skin care tools are free of toxins which decreases the speed of blood circulation. A salad or a fruit a day will keep an acne away!
There is no perfect cure, medication, treatment or acne skin care methods for acne problems. Thus, as the sole proprietor of our own skin, we must take full charge of what lies to be our first armor against diseases and bodily injuries.
No, it’s not impossible. You can fall in love with exercise instead of having that dreaded feeling every time you lace up your sneakers. The trick to falling in love with fitness is finding something you love to do, and trying new things because you may discover a dormant passion for line dancing, snow shoeing, or even something as exotic as fencing. It’s time to uncover your inner athlete and fall in love all over again!
Balls, Bosu and Barrels – If you were the kid who was always climbing the monkey bars and ropes at the park, you’ll have tons of fun getting fit with these fitness tools. Exercise balls can be used for all kinds of abdominal exercises, a Bosu is a neat device for balance training and core stability exercises, and you can use a small barrel for practicing Pilates – all in the comfort of your own home. So next time your at the park with your kids, they’ll be chasing you on the monkey bars!
Square Dancing – This energetic style of dance may look strange to you – but it’s great exercise – and great fun! This folk dancing tradition has existed in Canada for hundreds of years and has maintained its popularity as a social activity often deemed “friendship set to music.” Now this form of dance is even more popular as people are doh-si-dohing their way to being fit! Don’t knock IT before you try it! You may forget you’re getting fit because you’re having so much fun!
Snowshoeing – Snowshoes are thousands of years old, and Native Canadians used to use snowshoes as a form of transport. Only in the last century has snowshoeing become a recreational sport. Now, Canadians across the country are strapping on their snowshoes and heading for the trails to spend some time outdoors, at one with nature, while boosting cardiovascular fitness and toning their backsides. Today’s modern snowshoes are typically lightweight, aluminum frames with fabric decks and strap bindings as opposed to the classic bent-wood frames crisscrossed with rawhide strips. In recent years, many celebrities have talked about the physical benefits of snowshoeing, especially when it comes to toning your glutes and quads.
Snowshoes are inexpensive compared to skis and snowboards, and snowshoeing is not a difficult sport, but don’t let that fool you into thinking you are not getting a good workout. Using poles, whether specially designed for snowshoeing or made for cross-country skiing, they will help you maintain balance and give your upper body a good workout too, especially when you’re doing some intense climbing.
Buddy Up! – It’s no secret that having a fitness buddy helps get you going. Let’s face it, when your doorbell rings at 6 a.m., you’re not going to hide under the covers and ignore your buddy. Or, when your work buddy grabs you for your daily lunchtime power walk, you’re less likely to sit at your desk and graze. A workout buddy provides a little extra incentive to get you going, and a little less response time to say no to exercise!
Feel Good in Fun Clothes! – Remember the old adage about how when you look good, you feel better? This goes for the gym too. If you buy yourself some fun fitness clothes that you feel good in, you are more likely to have more confidence in yourself and as a result, push yourself harder at the gym. Stores like Winners and The Bay offer great deals on workout clothes that are able to stand up to any fitness test. Remember, if you look the part, you’re more likely to feel the part!
Bring the Outdoors Inside – So what if the temperature is way below zero and the wind chill is making you shake like a leaf. Quit lamenting warm days gone by, and bring your beloved outdoor sports indoors. Shed all your layers, and find an indoor rollerblading rink, grab your tennis partner and hit your local tennis club, climb the rock wall at your local YMCA, hit a spinning class, or throw on your bathing suit and swim laps at your local pool. Create your own warmth, and you won’t be missing those days any
Position Yourself Properly – Sometimes watching others can give you just the boost you need to get going at the gym. Look around you and position yourself next to someone who inspires you and watch yourself take off! You’ll soon be running to keep up with them…
Take Your Toddler With You- Most mothers never know when they’ll be able to squeeze in a little exercise time while running their kids around all day. Nowadays, many gyms have daycares, but if you don’t want to leave your children, you can exercise with them! Of course, you can run around outside all together, play in the snow, and build snowmen. But, if it’s too cold, why not try a kid-friendly Pilates video? Most companies which sell Pilates videos have kid-friendly ones too. Your kids will have a blast getting fit with you while trying all those fun exercises!
Have you ever felt anger or a sense of loss for having spent years taking care of others instead of honoring your core self–your true essence–by becoming all that you can be? Do you regret spending money unwisely in the past? Feel sad about relationships that held the promise of gold but never panned out?
Everyone has unfinished business, and we know from mind-body studies and quantum physics that old anger, grief, resentment and fear that is energetically entangled in the body-mind projects into our lives and defines our present and future.
The good news is that each of us will have many opportunities to repair the past, since errors in judgment or deed must be resolved or repeated until the song is well sung, the job correctly done.
It’s easy to resolve known patterns. If you feel robbed of time in days gone by, for example, you can give yourself the gift of time now. A few hours a week spent doing what makes you happy will improve the quality of your life and put an end to stressful inner complaints like, “There’s never enough time for me to do what I want to do!”
Inner messages are a cry for attention, so once you’ve heard the message it will stop and so will the stress produced by it. The Mad Hatter in you (from Alice in Wonderland), who always says, “I can’t stop. I don’t have time. I’m in a hurry” will sit down, relax and make friends with the grinning Cheshire cat.
If you feel guilt or shame over unwisely spent money or resources, just watch the flow of energy through your life, use it wisely and consciously change your attitude about yourself.
The same goes for relationships: cherish the people you love, be kind and know that you are now doing–and have always done–the best that you can. The idea is to listen to the repetitive thoughts flowing through your mind and address each discordant message or feeling with antidotal actions. This mindfulness will transform destructive thought patterns into positive appreciation of yourself and your life.
Healing with light and sound
If you are experiencing grief or sorrow and know its source, you can release the past by doing one or more of the following:
1) Allow love to resolve the pain. Find a quiet place where you won’t be interrupted and bring the memory to mind. Breathe in and circulate love and light through your heart, mind, body and soul. See and feel this love and light, allowing it to cleanse and release the pain and its entrenchment. Take your time. Breathe light until you feel a sense of completion.
2) At any time of night or day, whether at work or in meditation, simply ask in the depths of your being for healing, state what wants to be healed, and trust that it will be done.
3) In some quiet situation, staying aware that this is a sacred act, envision your soul taking your heart in hand and saying to it: “I relieve and release your hurt, that you may be set free.”
In these ceremonies we ask the soul-self to apply the energies of love to the wound and return it to its rightful place as part of the harmonic whole. If there is no inner resistance to healing, your pain and its pattern will resolve.
Break on through to the other side
If you feel resistance and sense that the problem is not healed, then you might want to conduct an inner dialogue. Just pick up pen and paper, retire to a quiet space and ask yourself, “What within me needs healing?” Wait patiently for your heart, mind or soul to speak to you in words, a symbolic image, a feeling or a sense of knowing.
If you get no answer or one that is not immediately helpful, ask your ego if it is resisting this process. If so, it will explain why. Ask what is the positive purpose of its resistance, and if it evades the question or gives you an answer that is not a positive purpose (like “Because I don’t think you know what you’re doing”), explain that you are asking for its cooperation right now. You want to know why it is blocking you, when you want to help all parts of your self work together for your highest good.
Eventually, when your ego sees the sense in this, it will release its resistance and tell you why it is holding on to old thought patterns and/or negative feelings. You can simply assure it that this protection is no longer needed, now that you understand its positive purpose, and you can put in place a new behavior pattern so that your ego can let down its guard.
The ego really does have a positive purpose, and that is to defend and protect you. It’s perfectly happy to take a vacation if some other part does the job while it’s away and it is especially deferential to the heart. If your heart has something to say in this process, listen respectfully and address whatever concerns come up. The lower heart works with your mind, and the higher heart works with your soul.
One.com Webhotel – 3000MB for kun 11,25 kr/md. Se mere pÃ¥
Manifesting the life you want
Once you have healed and/or transformed an old pattern, it’s time to replace it with new thinking and behaviors. Decide what these will be before using the seven manifestation principles below.
If you considered yourself a poor financier, you could use these seven principles to further heal that self-concept by manifesting money. If you have used light to heal anger or grief over a past relationship, you can use these principles to attract the partner you want. But first, do some inner work to decide whether you are ready for a partner or friend. Then define exactly what you want so that you attract your dream and not your worst nightmare. Be careful, because this works!
Use the same techniques of self-inquiry to determine your needs and desires. Simply pick up pen and paper, and ask your inner teacher, your soul-self, to give you insight into what is good and right for you. This way you will start out on the right track and geometrically multiply your chances of getting what you ask for.
By using this “soul-searching” technique, you will be doing exactly what you’ve come here to do: know yourself as soul so that your soul can guide you into all that you can be.
With these seven principles of manifestation you are wielding your power of intention to bring a higher, more positive frequency of vibration into your being. You will animate more than self-healing, prosperity and your psychic gifts by tapping into the infinitely powerful light of Love. In surrender to the Light, you will become the captain of your ship, the master of your soul.
4) OPEN AND SURRENDER. In the depths of your being, declare that you are open and receptive to all good that comes your way, which statement clears a path to “this or something better.” If you are going to ask for a terrific job, you might not get promoted at your present work; instead, you might lose that job and get one that better suits your abilities and destiny. So it’s important not to focus on a prescriptive outcome, but to open all doors to your highest good.
5) FOCUS ON YOUR INNER BEING. Bring into your mind exactly what you want and need in your life. If you seek within and find a need for comfort, pray for comfort and it will appear in dreams, solace from others and synchronicity leading to the right person, book or study group. If it is money or a life-partner that you want, then prepare for the change that is coming. Since you are shifting physical reality, expect and accept the inevitability of change. See and sense it so that you don’t panic in the middle of the stream and resist your coming good.
6) SEE THE DIRECTION OF FLOW. Double-check to make sure that you are working in accord with every aspect of your being. Where attention goes, energy flows, so make sure your energetic stream is flowing in the direction that’s right for you. See the big picture.
7) BELIEVE WHAT YOU CONCEIVE. Once your desired outcome is firmly in mind, write it down feelingly so that it animates the power of your heart. Be sure that your affirmation is credible. If you write, “I’m in receipt of $5 million right now,” your logic will reject this as improbable. If it’s money that you want, decide what you need in order to accomplish your goals and declare that this sum is making its way to you. You have to be able to believe what you conceive.
8) CRAFT YOUR WISH. Create symbolic representations of your heart’s desire to energize it. You can draw your own images or cut out colorful, vibrant pictures from magazines. Place these images and your written affirmations where you will see them often, such as a bathroom mirror, refrigerator or computer screen, or all three! You could also create a poster of any size and dress it up with glitter, slogans or anything else that appeals to you. The more energy you put into your images and words, the quicker your results. Desire propels intention, so let your feelings and thoughts empower what you want to manifest, knowing that what you seek is on its way to you.
Some of these manifestation principles are taught in a 12-week course that I’ve taken repeatedly, called “The 4-T Principles of Prosperity,” by the late, great Unity teacher Stretton Smith. Story is a wonderful source of encouragement in this program, so I’ll share one of my stories with you.
Several years ago, I pasted a big picture of a cruise ship on a poster-board and taped the poster on the inside door of my meditation room. Upon moving house, I hung it up on the door of my new meditation room, but paid no attention to it and only a few months ago restated my wish to teach on a paid-for cruise. After seeing the movie “What the Bleep Do We Know?!” I went into meditation, wrote three powerful affirmations and voiced them often over the past few months.
One of these affirmations was: “My heart is filled with love which pours out of me to the world and returns in financial rewards and exciting opportunities to heal and be healed.” Not only was I soon invited, out of the blue, to lead an Oct. 4-12 Flow of Intuition cruise to the Caribbean–join us!–as you can see from this newsletter, I suddenly find myself exorcising “ghosts” from my past while, by no coincidence, beginning to heal others through brainwave biofeedback training.
In my affirmation, I asked for exactly what my soul-self wanted and needed, but preferred to be open enough to receive unforeseen possibilities. These arrived quickly as I reinvested energy in them.
9) AMP UP THE VOLTAGE. If you have an open-minded friend, ask him or her to get together with you by phone or in person to support your goals. It’s best for your friend to paraphrase your affirmation with his/her own feelings, as in “I see hundred dollar bills drifting down all around you, and you joyously gathering them up to pay for your shiny new red Toyota.” (Be specific, if you need to be.) Or, “I see and feel and know that the perfect partner is awakening to your inner beauty and sensing how to find you right now!” (Be non-specific, if you are able to surrender to divine right order.)
You will be amazed at the difference it makes to hear someone else share your dream(s)! Energy moves quickly when two or more are gathered together to manifest good. Gather all the supporters you can.
If you and your manifestation partners are open to the idea of prayer, it certainly helps to call on not just your power of mind, but also the power of Spirit. In this case, you could phrase your affirmation in affirmative prayer: “God rejoices in giving you a shiny new red car so you can travel to that perfect job and your life will be blessed and enriched. You deserve everything good in life, and the power of Spirit within you grows stronger moment by moment to attract the infinite power of Good.”
See how the energy amps up when we draw on the inter-dimensional energies of Spirit? If the word God evokes in you images of an angry, vengeful judge with a white beard, your partner can say, “God in you” or “The source of good within you” does this or that. It’s all the same. The God-energy doesn’t care about names.
One.com Webhosting â€“ 3000MB Webbhotell endast 12 kr/mÃ¥n. LÃ¤s mer pÃ¥
10) BE JOYFUL, FAITHFUL AND PATIENT. Once you have amplified your affirmation, be assured that change is on its way. Watch for patterns and events foreshadowing this coming change and be patient as new beginnings take shape. You might get exactly what you asked to manifest, or what comes might be a prelude to the real thing.
No matter what, expect that your heart, mind and soul are co-creating with the power of Love and that this work is already underway. Be grateful, happy and even joyful that this power exists within and all around you, waiting for your love and faith to animate it. You will never be given a stumbling block, only a stepping stone, and each will take you exactly where your soul-self needs and wants to go.
If you find that these energies stir up old thoughts and emotions, just open up, release them and let Love carry away what you no longer need. Do this consciously and repeatedly, if necessary. Remember that you don’t have to get wrapped up in past events; you can simply observe them and love yourself for the excellent healing work that you are doing.
Happy new beginnings! By courageously moving into your past, you are emerging on the other side of it into an exciting new life. You, as Light, enliven and energize us all!
Judith Pennington is a writer, singer and coast-to-coast teacher of meditation and the evolution of human consciousness. She is the author of The Voice of the Soul, a compelling personal journey into meditative writing and the guiding wisdom of the soul. Visit her primary website, http://www.eaglelife.com, to check for a workshop near you, read excerpts from her book and sign up for her free e-newsletter, “The Still, Small Voice,” and subscription e-zine, “OneWorld Spirit,” dedicated to art, beauty, truth, spiritual politics and global peace.
Step One: Reduce excess oil secretion:
Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A and reduces the secretion of oil by the oil glands.
Step Two: Encourage extreme shedding of the skin:
Using a peel is the easiest method to promote shedding of the skin. Exfoliation releases the build-up of dead skin cells, oils and bacteria trapped in the pores, which could lead to the formation of blemishes.
Peels come in varying degrees, from mild to harsh. The trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel is an extreme peel that can cost from $100 to $1000 depending on the degree of the treatment. It is only performed in a doctor’s office. The TCA is not a save all however. The peel can make the skin sensitive to the sun cause hyper-pigmentation.
Home use peels:
Several over-the-counter peels contain papaya enzymes or glycolic acid. These peels lightly exfoliate the skin and are safe for weekly use.
Step Three: Reduce the spread of bacterial infection:
Using an astringent such as witch hazel or apple cider vinegar to disinfect the skin significantly reduces the presence of bacteria on the face. This reduction limits skin inflammation and the likelihood of a pimple developing.
Free fatty acids can irritate the skin and provoke acne eruptions. Reducing intake of foods containing hydrolyzed fats will improve fat metabolism. However, do consume essential fatty acids such as Omega-3 and Omega-6, which are found in foods such as salmon and olive oil. These essential fats aid the gastrointestinal tract eliminate pro-inflammatory substances, which reduces the possibility of experiencing acne lesions.
Free shipping, 30 day money back guarantee. Step Five: Reduce inflammation:
A strong immune system serves as a buffer against inflammation. Stress reducing activities such as exercising, eating a well-balanced diet and sleeping well boosts the immune system. A diet supplemented with B-Complex, zinc and vitamins C and E likewise enhances the effectiveness of the immune system.
— Take 12% off your purchase from All-Battery.com. Code Applies Sitewide.
These steps work via creating a bodily environment that is not conducive to acne. By adhering to the nutritional and aesthetic steps above, anyone can attain clear skin while simultaneously augmenting their health.
Don’t you just hate those pimples popping up when they are least welcome. Like just before a big date. Or before a major presentation. It is even worse when the pimples spread all over your face. I know. I’ve been there. In fact, it was so bad that when I went to a doctor with a bad flu, the doctor treated me for acne instead.
Pimples begin when the pores in your skin get clogged up with oil, dirt and skin debris. Bacteria happily breeds in that concoction, infecting that pore, leading to acne.
To treat acne, attack the root of problem. The bacteria.
That brings us to these 8 tips.
1. Avoid touching your face with your hands.
Throughout the day, your hands come in contact with the world around you. Your hands touch surfaces like the phone, the computer keyboards, your bag, the table and basically everything around you. Picking up germs as you go along. Touching your face with your hands before washing them is a big No No. The last thing you want is to introduce more bacteria to your skin, leading to more pimples.
2. Keep your hair off your face.
Oily skin usually means oily hair. You have enough natural oil on your face. You do not need to add more oil and hair care products to your skin, which is what happens when your hair covers any part of your face. If you notice more pimples on your forehead, beneath your fringe, or along the sides of your face where your hair might brush against, your hair could be the culprit. You could keep your hair off your face by wearing it in a pony tail, or using hair clips to hold it off your face.
3. Wash your face 3 times a day with a good acne cleanser.
That’s what a doctor told me. Another doctor told me that the problem with many people that have pimples is that they use cleansers that are too rich for the face. That doctor recommended a soap and water regime. Another recommended an antibacterial cleanser that was meant for acne.
What works on your best friend may not necessarily work on you. Especially if her skin is dry and your is oily. The latest richest skincare products might make her look radiant but they could trigger a nasty acne outbreak in your skin. If you have a problem with acne, stick to Acne skin care products.
Stress tends to trigger acne outbreaks. Does your skin act up more before an exam or a stressful event? Learn to relax. Take a long bath with a few drops oflavender oil in the bath water. Watch a funny movie. Read a favourite magazine. Talk it out with a best pal. Do whatever works for you to ease the stress.
Your body needs sleep. Without enough sleep, even your skin acts up. Try to stop all work a few hours before bed time. When I had insomnia, I resorted to melatonin sleeping pills to help me sleep. That is actually the last resort. Better ways would be to exercise in the day so you can sleep better at night.
7. Stay away from pressed powder compact.
My friend’s friend used a pressed powder compact to hide her acne. Instead, the more she used it the worse it got. Just think. By mid day, your skin gets oily. You take out the powder compact, and use that powder puff to apply pressed powder on your face. Now, your face would already have dirt, bacteria and oil on it. Pat your face with that powder puff and now that puff picks up the dirt, bacteria and oil. You put it back into the compact. The bacteria happily breeds in there. Then you take out the compact again and pat more powder, mixed with oil, dirt and bacteria onto your face, picking up more gunk, putting in more gunk into your compact. The cycle goes on. A better bet would be to use blotting paper to blot off the excess oil instead. Then you can throw the paper away after use.
8. Do not let bacteria breed happily in your make up tools. Wash all your make up brushes regularly, with soap and water. Then dry them completely before you keep them.
Oily, acne prone skin needs a lot of care. The bright side is that oily skin is slower to show signs of aging than dry skin. Take care of your skin and you’ll probably look younger than your peers as the decades go by.
There are plenty of articles out there about what to do to make your skin
look young again. But what if you still have it? How do young women keep their skin looking the way it is now well into the future? The following five easy tips can help you keep your youthful glow.
1. Use Sunscreen, Never Tan. It’s hard for young women to resist the warm glow that a few hours of tanning can bring. But the damage that it does beneath the surface accumulates over time–ultimately leaving the skin dull and thin. By the time premature aging becomes evident, significant amounts of damage has taken place below the surface. Rather than a week of beauty, think of long-term beauty. If you really want to give your skin an added glow, try shimmering lotions and makeups. Or, for a darker look, try artificial tanners (but be careful, they can sometimes leave you looking more orange than tan). Don’t forget that you can experience the damaging effects of the sun even if you aren’t deliberately trying to tan. Make applying sunscreen part of your daily routine. Purchasing moisturizers with sunscreen already in them can help. Remember, only 15 minutes of sun exposure each day provides you with the vitamin D you need to stay healthy.
2. Eat the Right Foods. You’ve always heard the phrase “You are what you eat” and that is exactly right when talking about your skin! What you eat is not just relevant to your weight. It also affects the health of your skin. Clinical studies have shown that eating diets rich in fatty acids and antioxidants can help skin retain its youthful appearance. Foods good for your skin include fish, vegetables, whole grains and fruits including all kinds of berries. Antioxidants in the diet may help reduce the appearance of age spots. Fatty acids are one of the components of metabolic processes within the body that are also integral to the maintenance of healthy skin. Making these foods a part of your daily diet can benefit you for years to come.
3. Clean and Moisturize! Don’t neglect your skin. For normal skin, a gentle daily cleanser is all you need. Using a washcloth needlessly pulls and tears at the skin. Cleanse your skin with your fingers using gentle, circular motions, paying particular attention not to stretch the delicate eye area. Moisturizing the skin is also important to protect it from the effects of the elements including wind, pollution, and sun (if it is a sunscreen moisturizure). Not only does it protect the skin from the outside, but also helps it to retain its natural moisture from the inside. Keep in mind that spending a lot of money is not necessary. If your skin is oily or you have a problem with acne, use products designed specifically for your skin type. You may want to consult a dermatologist to seek prescription treatments. Never attempt to pop your pimples. This will increase the size of your pores and possibly cause scaring.
Essentially, if your skin is young, value it! Taking simple precautionary steps can help keep it that way. Think of the benefits of having healthy skin in the future. Use sunscreen, eat healthy, and following a daily skin regimine. You don’t need alot of money to keep your skin healthy. All it takes is common sense and good lifestyles choices.
Did you know that lack of water might also lead to fluid retention and weight gain? It sounds contradictory, but it is true. However, the most compelling reasons for drinking water are that water keeps you alive, gives you proper hydration, and gives life to all your body functions. Hence, the importance of drinking water at least 8 glasses daily. However, if you are like me before I adjusted my eating habits, drinking those 8 glasses of water were really a challenge! Guess what? Today is your day! I am sharing with you 13 tips to help drink your 8 glasses of water daily and lose weight faster.
Nevertheless, if you need more reasons to drink water, besides keeping you alive, to be convinced about the importance of drinking your 8 glasses of water daily I will add some more, which includes water’s role on your quest to lose weight. Sounds good? Excellent!
Water allows your body to eliminate toxins and waste products. Moreover, water helps reduce fat deposits by helping your metabolism. I bet you just feel like drinking water, right? Excellent! But wait, there is more. Simply, picture this example: You have a water hose and right in the middle it is stuck with garbage and it will not come out until you increase more water to push that garbage.
Yet, if that garbage is really stuck, maybe water won’t be enough to remove it and you will need to add stronger chemical products. Bingo! That is exactly what happens with our body. Our intestines need to be moving to flush those toxins and waste products. If you do not drink water, how do you expect to remove those toxins? Now, yes, you are right on what you are thinking. Those toxins will continue to accumulate originating many health problems, such as constipation, bloated feeling, water retention, and so on.
Want more reasons to convince you to drink at least your 8 glasses of water daily? Ok, water relieves fluid retention and helps you suppress your appetite. Moreover, water helps rid your body of excess sodium. There is more. One of the best ways to prevent the formation of kidney stones is by drinking water. Besides, water is a natural diuretic; in addition, it can help you reduce high blood pressure by decreasing water retention in your blood.
I am sure you are now more than convinced about the importance of drinking at least your 8 glasses of water daily. Now, let me give you 13 tips to improve your water consumption.
1. Keep a daily record to mark your water consumption.
1 glass of water after brushing your teeth, or
1 glass of water with breakfast or after breakfast
1 glass of water before leaving home
1 glass of water mid morning
1 glass of water 30 minutes before lunch
1 glass of water after lunch
1 glass of water mid afternoon
1 glass of water 1 hour before dinner
1 glass of water after dinner
1 glass of water while exercising
1 glass of water after exercising
By any means, if you are thirsty or wanting to drink more than 1 glass of water at any time of the day… be my guest! Drink that water.
4. Keep bottles of water visible, either the equivalent of 1 glass or 2 or more glasses, on your desk.
5. If you work 8 hours daily, make it a custom to drink every other hour 1 glass of water, or every hour. It depends on your time management and lunch schedule.
6. Have bottle of waters in the car, your room, your desk, living room… just in every room you go. Also carry one in your purse, backpack, and gym bag. It will serve as a reminder and you will drink that bottle of water to flush those toxins!
7. If you drink juice, try to combine it with water. Sometimes, juices are extremely sweet.
8. Add lemon or orange slices to your glass of water.
9. You can have a glass of water after going to the restroom. This will replenish your system.
10. You may drink 1 glass of water before lunch and one after finish eating.
11. If you are working full time, try to have at least 4 glasses of water during the day. Two hours before leaving work, check how many glasses you drink. If you are missing one or two… you can finish those while driving.
13. You can use a big bottle with ounces indicator to keep record of your water intake. For example, a 32-oz bottle with 8-oz measures will provide you with 4 glasses of water.
Bonus information: Many beauty experts agree that drinking water is the safest and cheapest way to look better and improve our skin!
I hope you use these 13 Tips to Get Your 8 Glasses of Water Daily and Lose Weight. Be aware that if you practice strenuous physical activity, do cardio exercises, or you are living in a hot and humid climate, you will need to drink more water to keep yourself properly hydrated.
May I offer you a glass of water now? Good, so let’s make a toast with our respective glasses of water to increase our weight loss and eliminate toxins. CHEERS!
Beauty is defined as the phenomenon of the experience of pleasure, through the perception of balance and proportion of stimulus. It involves the cognition of a balanced form and structure that elicits attraction and appeal towards a host, creature, inanimate object, scene, music, idea, etc. It’s as well seen as An assemblage or even graces or even properties pleasing to the eye, the ear, the intellect, the aesthetic faculty, or even the moral feel.
Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or even senses and is associated with such properties as harmony of form or even color, excellence of artistry, truthfulness, and originality.
A common understanding of the word beauty suggests that it’s the appearance of things and people. For illustration, we call miss globe or even miss universe the virtually all beautiful female on earth. Also a fully blossomed rose is as well called a beauty. Beauty can’t be measured, not can it be counted. It’s purely subjective in nature, and its comprehension changes based on data from perception set of individuals.
Beauty has always been revered from the time individual kind had developed basic senses. We’ve heard of umpteen number of stories in history when wars utilized to be inflicted upon for the desire of beautiful females. Beauty is all pervasive in nature and rises above any discrimination of race, caste, religion, etc.
Many theorists and scientists have tried to deconstruct beauty into even more understandable parts. 1 idea is to look at it from the point of see of how much symmetry is discovered in the object. A few of the main contributions in this regards are – The inborn inclination of people to be attracted to symmetry coupled with the natural want or even pursuit of happiness leads to the premise that symmetry is indeed the symbol of beauty.
Mortal beings are so engrossed with beauty that it’s taken a awesome shape in economy in the form of beauty industry. There are many enterprises and organizations taking part in selling beauty products. These range from your next door beauty salon to a multi-billion premium branded marketing organization spread across 150 countries in the globe.
Beauty care is a outstanding act time and pastime for mortal beings, especially women. Beauty is perceived to offer attractiveness and confidence. Beauty care includes hair care, face care, skin care, nail care, proper diet, vitamins, etc.
There are many therapies dedicated to the cause of beauty care. Even more crucial among it is aromatherapy, cosmetology, laser coarse of action, hair coloring, slimming techniques, etc.
Many authors have written on beauty. A select few of the wonderful quotes are “a thing of beauty is a joy forever” by John Keats. “True beauty lives in deep retreats, Whose veil is unremoved, Till heart with heart in concord beats, And the lover is beloved” by Wordsworth. And “We all know that a thing of beauty is a joy forever and that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Is not it interesting how the perception of beauty” by Anon.
Helen Keller sums it all “The virtually all beautiful things in the globe aren’t seen nor touched. It is felt with the heart”.
I’m ready to unload some the best secrets and tips that even your salon professionals use. Of course they would like for you to buy their products and will tell you they are the best in order to make the sale, but I’m pretty sure they’re not being honest in telling you what products are really on the backbar in their salons.
As a frugal person myself, I’ve always shared my secrets with my clients. I earn my living selling my services, not products. Here a few for you to enjoy!
1. To dry nail polish in a hurry, spray nails with PAM Oil Spray.
2. Olive oil can be added to bath water for a skin softener.
3. Toner/Astringent — Use witch hazel instead. No need to dilute — use full strength. You can also rinse with a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar after cleansing — it balances out the ph of your skin.
4. Cut back on the amount of shampoo you use. Do the same with toothpaste. The manufacturers want us to use more, so we buy more.
5. Keep your pantyhose in the freezer, and they will last longer.
6. For great lotion, mix one-part lotion with one-part vaseline. It works better than plain lotion, and, depending on the cost of your lotion, you can stretch its value.
8. Old lipstick tubes, thoroughly cleaned, are great for purse-sized pill boxes or for pins.
9. Use hydrogen peroxide as an inexpensive nail bleach.