There are very few diet plans that receive as wide spread appreciation than does the Mediterranean diet. Indeed, as a matter of routine, nearly everyone who has the opportunity to experience the Mediterranean diet tends to hold the dining scheme in high regard. In short, when people have the chance to try the Mediterranean diet, they like the Mediterranean diet.While there really are innumerable reasons why different people have found themselves smiling favorable upon the Mediterranean diet, there are four primary reasons why nearly everyone actually does like the Mediterranean diet regimen.
While a growing number of people place primary emphasis on the food they eat being healthy, the vast majority of people are most concerned that the food they eat and they beverages they drink are tasty.
In this fast paced world, about the only respite from the hustle and bustle of day to day living comes when a person has the chance to take a break for a meal. Therefore, finding a diet that includes tasty food items has become all the more important for men and women in the 21st century.
The Mediterranean diet has a reputation of consisting of not only health but also good tasting food. For example, the diet is rich in fish and certain types of seafood. These items are prepared without the addition of heavy spices or sauces. Thus, the natural flavors of the fish and seafood comes through in every Mediterranean dish to the pleasure of diners.
In addition to fish and seafood, the Mediterranean diet includes a wide array of different types of fresh fruits and vegetables. Because of the variety of fruits and vegetables in the diet, there truly is something that satisfies the tastes of any person. In addition, there are some wonderful desserts that are included in the Mediterranean diet, that are made from a variety of fruits, that have great appeal to people interested in watching what they are eating.
Helps Spur Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance
One of the most serious and widespread health concerns in the 21st century is obesity. A significant portion of the populations in many countries around the world are weighing in more than they should to maintain good health. Indeed, in some countries around the globe, fifty percent or more of the adult population is overweight. In addition, a significant share of the youth population is overweight or obese.
Because it is low in saturated fats and high in the regular, routine consumption of fruits and vegetables, the Mediterranean diet is proving itself to be a good alternative for men and women — and children — who are in need of a dietary routine that will bring down weight.
The Mediterranean diet also provides stability over time. The diet regimen is balanced in such a way that it allows a person to maintain a healthy weight once he or she has been able to shed unwanted fat.
Reduces the Risk of Serious Diseases
Over the course of the past several decades, people everywhere have become more aware of the linkage between food and health. These people really have come to appreciate truth of the somewhat trite mantra that “you are what you eat.”
– cancer (including breast and colorectal)
– heart and cardiovascular diseases
– hypertension (including stroke)
In addition, the Mediterranean diet is a perfect dietary routine for a person who is afflicted with diabetes.
A Convenient Course in Health Eating
Finally, the Mediterranean diet is very convenient. The diet consists of very common food items that are easy to prepare. In addition, the Mediterranean diet includes different food items that are relatively inexpensive. Therefore, you can elect to follow the Mediterranean diet and not disrupt your schedule or break the bank in the process.
The truth about easy weight loss, (it’s not tooooo… hard).
If you want easy weight loss, then follow these tips. Each helps a little bit, but put a few together and you have a powerful edge.
* Drink plenty of water. Water helps with weight loss for several reasons. Number one it speeds up your metabolism. The faster your metabolism is, the more calories you burn. Drinking water also makes weight loss easy because if you fill up on water, you won’t fill up on high calorie beverages or snacks.
* Eat lots of fiber. Fiber is very filling because it absorbs water as it moves through your digestive system. Additionally, foods that are high in fiber are low in calories. Examples include apples, rice cakes, carrots, and whole grains. Also, diets that are high in fiber reduce your risk for colon cancer and helps lower your cholesterol.
* Eat breakfast every day. It’s easy to skip breakfast but studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are more likely to have easy weight loss then those who do not. This is because eating breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and therefore you will burn more calories throughout the day. Also when you eat breakfast, you are less likely to be hungry later in the day when your body is resting.
* Eat more! Eat 6 small meals throughout the day instead of 3 larger ones. Like drinking water, eating also helps increase your metabolism. When you refuel your body at regular intervals, your body burns calories faster.
* Add dairy to your diet. Recent studies have shown that adults who eat at least 3 dairy products a day lost more weight than those who did not. Researchers attribute this to the fact that calcium increases fat breakdown in fat cells. But remember, the number of calories you eat per day still matters!
* Cut out the booze. A 10 oz wine cooler has 125 calories. A 12 oz serving of beer has 150 calories. Mixed drinks are even worse. A Long Island Iced Tea has about 700 calories. A margarita has about 400.
* Learn the art of portion control. In order to obtain easy weight loss you have to control how much you eat. If you don’t have time to count calories, that’s fine. But you must reduce your serving sizes. Each portion of fruit or veggies that you eat should be the size of half of a tennis ball. Each serving of meat should be no larger than the palm of your hand. When you eat at restaurants, ask for a box with your meal that way you can box up half of it for later.
* Choose an exercise plan that you will enjoy. If you don’t like going to the gym, then you are not going to. If you don’t like running, then you aren’t going to stick to a running plan. You must find an exercise plan that you will enjoy. Perhaps you’d like an aerobics class. Or maybe you’d prefer to stay at home and do Taebo. Maybe you’d like to take a dance class. Whatever you decide, you have to choose something that will work for you and that you will stick to.
* Seek support from others. Having the support from others makes weight loss easy. Tell your family and friends about your goals. If they aren’t encouraging, there are numerous groups that you can join that are comprised of people trying to reach the same goal as you. Additionally join the free weight loss forums that are on the internet.
Your goal? To start using these tips on a daily basis and give your weight loss program a turbo charge!